• An impressive 87% of our pupils achieved at least five grade 9 to 4 passes (including English and Maths) – well above the national average for comparable schools, and 34% better than one of our local schools.
• We achieved 28% more 9-7 (A*-A) grades than the UK school average
• 97% of pupils passed both Maths and English
• the traditionally difficult Physics achieved a 100% pass rate as did other subjects across all areas including: Additional Maths, Art, Dance, Drama, Food Technology, German, Geography, Music, and Spanish.
• 71% of pupils gained at least one grade between 9 and 7 (A*-A)
• 44% gained at least one grade 9 or 8 (A*).
• Around a tenth of the school’s pupils gained these highest grades in 8 or more subjects
“Ballard pupils are hard-working and resilient young people who aspire to achieve academically, and do so with humility and altruism. I would like to congratulate our students not only on their impressive GCSE results but also for their enormous contributions to our school. We firmly believe in an holistic education and we have been fortunate with the leavers of 2019 that so many of them have been keen to develop in all arenas of school-life.
We are extremely fortunate to have a talented and dedicated group of staff, such supportive parents and ambitious students at Ballard, and it’s a winning combination.
Our 2019 GSCE results celebration concludes my first year as Headmaster of Ballard and I could not be more proud or privileged to lead this outstanding and inspiring community.”